Use the fresh air and sunshine to dry your clothes. Drying your clothes outside can save you $200 a year.
- Walk to school on a walking school bus instead of jumping in the car.
- Use your heated towel rail only when it is needed and you could save more than $100 a year.
- Instead of a bath, take a shower. A five minute shower will use about half as much hot water as a bath will.
- If you're after a snack, don't keep the fridge door open too long while deciding. It is a big waste of electricity.
- Turn off TVs, stereos and electronic games when you have finished using them.
How energy efficient are you?Print out this home energy inspection checklist and see how energy efficient you are.