ELECTRICITY IN NEW ZEALAND
Electricity in New Zealand is generated from a variety of sources, both renewable and non-renewable. Renewable or ‘green' sources are things that can be naturally replenished, while non-renewable sources are fossil fuels such as gas or coal which will one day run out.
Around 77% of New Zealand's electricity is generated from renewable sources. The remaining 23% is generated from non-renewable sources such as gas and coal.
Generating more of New Zealand's electricity from renewable sources will help meet growing demand and reduce the impact of pollution which is released into the atmosphere.